- How to Disable Windows Update on Windows 10 Permanently
- Disable Updates on Windows 10 Permanently
- Method #1
- Method #2
- how to stop windows 10 update in progress
- how to stop windows 10 auto update
- windows 10 home disable automatic updates
- disable windows 10 update registry
- how to stop windows update in progress
- how to stop windows 10 update assistant
- windows 10 home disable automatic updates 2018
- how to disable windows 10 update assistant permanently
Windows 10 plethora updates within no time from the last one. Most of you guys are frustrated with it and want to permanently disable windows update. Here we brought you the best guide on how to disable windows update on windows 10 permanently.
How to Disable Windows Update on Windows 10 Permanently
Updates are designed to fix patches and improve the performance of the system. It adds the latest features and makes your work done robustly. So make sure that you are fixed with permanently disabling windows updates.
Disable Updates on Windows 10 Permanently
Then after following the below steps carefully one can easily disable updates on windows 10 permanently. If you got stuck at any of the below-mentioned steps, make a sure comment down in the comments section below. We are sure to reach you and solve the issue together.
Step1: Open RUN dialogue by pressing WIN + R and then search for SERVICES. Then navigate and double-click on Windows Updates to change the settings.
Step2: Now stop the services if any. Then change the startup type to Disabled. After that input all the options to “Take no Action” and change Reset Fail Count After to 0. Save the changes by clicking on APPLY and OK.
Step3: In the same sense you need to disable “Background Intelligent Transfer Service“.
- [Airplane-Mode] Why You Need To Switch off Mobile In AIRPLANE
- How To Protect Your Online Privacy In INDIA – GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- How To Easily Make a Password Protected ZIP file Using WINRAR
Step4: Now open run dialogue and type in REGEDIT and hit enter to open it. Once opened navigate to > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft > Windows. In there you need to search for the folder “Windows Update”. If it doesn’t exist, Then you need to create one.
Step5: Now in there you need to create another folder named “AU”. Then inside AU folder create a DWORD (32-bit) Value with the title as “AUoptions”. Then open the file and give it the value as 2.
That’s it, now you are all set to permanently disable windows update on your Windows 10 machine. Hope you found this post useful. And make sure to share your impressions on this post in the comments section below. Do follow our blog rexoxer for more and more interesting tech guides. Don’t forget to share – your friends will thank you.